Wednesday, May 18, 2005

Only for Paulie!

Because Paulie Asked

Paulie of The Commons at Paulie World tagged me to answer the following questions:

Total volume of music files on my computer: 2.87GB! But! I didn't put it there, it's a back-up of my daughter's hard-drive. I don't really do that much with music files, truly!

The last CD I bought: My kids give me a lot of CDs, but the last one I bought for myself was Iron & Wine's "Creek Drank the Cradle"

Song playing now: Nothing, actually. I often revel in silence.

Five songs I listen to a lot, or that mean a lot to me:

Wow, that's a hard question! If you'd asked me to name five bands I like, that would have been easier, but not by much. I listen to lots of Celtic-flavored music (Belle & Sebastian, Great Big Sea, Ennis Sisters, Clancy Brothers, Irish Descendants) and old-time rock-and-roll (well, the easy-pop stuff really, like Paul Simon-with or without Garfunkel, Rod Stewart, Beatles, Buddy Holly, Jackson Browne, Carole King, Cat Stevens), as well as some slightly newer stuff (Counting Crows, Dave Matthews Band, Elvis Costello), and my kids are always bringing me new stuff, some of which I really like: Mountain Goats, Decemberists, Magnetic Fields.

But to name individual songs that mean a lot? I'd have to go for hymns, frankly, because those are what touch my heart, and to the depths of my soul! So, my real answer (these always make me cry with joy and gratitude):

1. I Know That My Redeemer Lives
2. God Be With You Till We Meet Again
3. I Stand All Amazed
4. Because I Have Been Given Much
5. America the Beautiful


Five people to whom I'm passing the baton:

(With my most humble apologies!)

doxology
Way Off Bass
The Crusader
knot in the string
The Dawn Patrol

Tag, you're it!
<< ? | LDS Blogs | list >>